Mommy Makeover Surgery in Culver City, CA
Becoming a mother is an incredible thing — there’s no doubt about it.
What’s not so incredible, though, is the toll pregnancy can take on your body.
If you’ve been feeling less confident after giving birth or have been curious about getting a mommy makeover in Culver City, CA, Dr. Partovi at True Jewel Cosmetic Center is here to help.
Want to learn more before you book an appointment for your surgery? We’re answering some of your most pressing questions below.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a multifaceted cosmetic procedure. It typically includes the following:
- Tummy Tuck
- Breast Augmentation/Lift/Reduction
In most cases, Dr. Partovi performs a mommy makeover surgery in one operation, rather than breaking it up into multiple separate procedures.
When you undergo a single-stage mommy makeover, you get to go through one recovery process. You can also start looking and feeling better sooner.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Those who are good candidates for mommy makeover surgeries typically check the following boxes:
- Are in good general health and have no serious underlying health conditions
- Do not smoke (or are willing to quit smoking)
- Are not longer breastfeeding
- Are relatively close to their ideal body weight and don’t have too much excess body fat
- Are done having children (future pregnancies may negatively impact the results of your surgery)
- Are looking for a more youthful and fit physique
It’s hard for Dr. Partovi to say specifically who is and isn’t a good candidate for a mommy makeover without first meeting them in person. That’s why he encourages those who are interested in the procedure to schedule a free consultation to discuss their goals.
How to Prepare for Your Mommy Makeover
If, after meeting with you for a consultation, Dr. Partovi decides that you’re a good candidate for a mommy makeover, he’ll move forward with scheduling surgery.
While you wait for your surgery date, do the following to prepare:
- Quit smoking: If you do smoke, you should quit for at least 4-6 weeks before surgery to improve the healing process.
- Stop taking certain medications and supplements: Blood-thinning medications and supplements like aspirin and Gingko Biloba can cause excessive bleeding during your surgery. Dr. Partovi recommends stopping these 2-4 weeks before surgery.
- Arrange for post-surgery support: After your surgery, you won’t be able to bend over or lift heavy objects (including your children). Arrange for someone to help you out while you recover.
- Fast: Avoid eating or drinking anything after midnight before your surgery.
Keep in mind that it is not a good idea to crash diet or try to lose weight before your surgery. This could deplete your body of important nutrients and interfere with the healing process.
The Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgery Procedure
A typical mommy makeover surgery lasts several hours. It is performed as an outpatient procedure, though, which means you can go home the same day.
When you arrive for your surgery, Dr. Partovi and his team will meet with you to draw incision guidelines, insert an IV, and place monitors for your heart, blood pressure, and oxygen levels.
From here, you’ll be placed under general anesthesia. Then, Dr. Partovi will get to work performing the specific procedures you agreed upon during your consultation.
Here’s a basic breakdown of what each procedure includes:
- Tummy Tuck: Tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall and removing excess fat and skin from the abdomen
- Breast Augmentation: Placing breast implants behind the breast tissue or muscle
- Breast Lift Procedure: Removing excess skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and repositioning the areolae and nipples
- Breast Reduction Procedure: Removing excess fat, tissue, and skin from the breasts, as well as lifting the breasts and making them even
- Liposuction: Inserting a thin tube through small incisions to loosen and suction fat
In general, the more procedures you have done, the longer the whole surgery will take.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
After your surgery, you will rest in a recovery room for a couple of hours. Then, someone can drive you home — you cannot drive after your surgery.
Dr. Partovi will schedule a follow-up visit and provide aftercare instructions at this time as well.
After a mommy makeover procedure, you can expect these symptoms:
- Mobility limitations
To prevent complications, improve your healing, and ensure you see the best results, you’ll need to do the following:
- Keep drainage tubes in place for up to 2 weeks to prevent fluid buildup
- Wear a surgical bra and compression garments to prevent swelling and provide additional support
- Take pain medication and antibiotics as recommended
- Limit physical activity
- Avoid lifting anything heavier than 10 pounds for up to 6 weeks
Make sure someone is around to help you during the recovery period — especially when it comes to lifting objects that way over 10 pounds.
The recovery period typically lasts between 2 and 4 weeks. However, your recovery time may vary based on your age and the number of procedures you had done.
Typical Results from a Mommy Makeover
After they recover from their mommy makeover, Dr. Partovi’s patients typically notice the following results:
- Flatter stomach with more definition
- Restored breast volume with less sagging
- Reduced areolae size and nipple length
- Less loose skin around the abdomen
- Less fat around the hips, thighs, buttocks, and/or abdomen
Book a Mommy Makeover in Culver City, CA Today
Does a mommy makeover seem like a good option for you? If you want to feel more confident in your skin, Dr. Partovi in Culver City can help.
Get in touch today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about the mommy makeover procedure.
During the consultation, Dr. Partovi will discuss your goals, walk you through the surgery and recovery process, and let you know what kinds of results you’ll see after you’ve healed.
You’ll get an estimate for the cost of the surgery, too, so you can plan ahead and know what to expect moving forward.
Dr. Partovi strives to make mommy makeover surgeries — and all other procedures — as simple and stress-free as possible, and he’s happy to answer any questions you might have.