What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau (prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs) is a new treatment used to treat stubborn lines and wrinkles that make you look older. Through injection, Jeuveau® makes you appear younger by smoothing out and softening your facial muscles. This premier treatment can last up to six months, is FDA approved, and fights wrinkles and glabellar lines (lines between the eyebrows).
Jeuveau uses a combination of new technology and our state-of-the-art cosmetic center to treat lines by paralyzing the muscles in your face. When carried out by our expert clinicians, this process smoothes out wrinkles and frown lines quickly and effectively, making you appear more youthful.
What are the advantages of Jeaveau?
If you are looking to reduce wrinkles, vertical lines, and glabellar lines (between the eyebrows) then Jeuveau is recommended for you.
Unlike other treatments, Jeuveau vacuum technology lessens the chance of damage to botulinum neurotoxin when being engineered. This is because Jeuveau uses a different drying and purification process which enables the neurotoxin to be better equipped to fight lines and wrinkles
Jeuveau is an FDA approved treatment recommended for those seeking to reduce the presence of wrinkles and lines. Jeuveau gives the patient a youthful appearance, can be used to treat cervical dystonia, spasticity in adults, and migraines. Jeuveau is notably powerful at combating lines between your eyebrows as well.
Results from treatment with Jeuveau are noticeable with several days. As your face softens and smoothes out, you will see wrinkles and lines began to disappear.
Dissimilar to other surgical treatments, Jeuveau does not require any downtime to heal and is minimally invasive.
To alleviate any pain or irritation during your session, our highly trained and certified clinicians will administer an anesthetic.
Jeuveau briefly paralyzes the muscles in the treated area and is both safe and effective. We recommend scheduling your next session with us when the neurotoxin subsides for maximum results.
Before Your Next Jeuveau Treatment:
- If you have strong facial muscles, it’s your first injection, or you haven’t been treated in a while then your results may diminish faster however, most patients see results lasting up to three months with Jeuveau®.
- You may be able to go up to four, five, or more months depending on the strength of your facial muscles and the amount of time between your injections.
- Make your next appointment with us three months after being treated for best possible outcomes.
- It is on you to let us know about your current health condition and whether or not you need to reschedule your appointment. If you are currently breastfeeding or pregnant Jeuveau® is not for you.
- Consider changing the date of your procedure if it is immediately followed by work or social obligations for proper recovery time.
- For one week prior to your treatment., cease taking NSAIDs, fish oils, and any other supplements or medications that lead to bruising, swelling, or more bleeding at the site of injection.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to treatment to avoid complications caused by blood thinning.
- Please arrive at your appointment wearing no makeup and having freshly washed your face.
- Snack on something healthy and refrain from having caffeine before being treated to reduce the possibility of lightheadedness.
After Your Treatment:
- Following your injection, small nodules may form in the treated area. They are temporary and should not be massaged.
- Our clinicians use alcohol to clean the injection area. This has been known to leave skin feeling itchy or dry but can be relieved with moisturizers or Vaseline®
- Avoid direct and high heat for 24 hours after treatment.
- Moderate headaches are not unusual after being injected with a needle. This is not caused by Jeuveau® and should disappear within 36 hours. Avoid taking aspirin or other blood-thinning medications however other over-the-counter pain medications may be used if needed.
- Small bruises may form in the treated area. These can be hidden with makeup and will be gone withing several days.