QWO Cellulite Treatment in Culver City
QWO is a recent addition to our cellulite treatment regimen.
We are excited to offer this treatment as a cellulite treatment in Culver City!
Keep reading to find out more about how QWO works for you.
What is QWO?
This is an injectable treatment of a drug called collagenase clostridium – histolyticum-aaes.
When the FDA approved the treatment, it was a huge deal because these injectable, non-invasive treatments are not very common in terms of new products.
How does QWO work as a cellulite treatment?
Medical science believes that QWO works by injecting enzymes into the dimples of the buttocks to break down the collagen fibers that create cellulite.
This treatment may also redistribute fat cells while stimulating new collagen growth.
What parts of the body work best for QWO cellulite treatments?
The FDA approved this treatment to help women with cellulite found on their buttocks.
Who can get a QWO cellulite treatment in Culver City?
You can get this treatment if you are:
- 18 years or older
- In good health
- A woman
- Suffering from moderate to severe cellulite in your buttocks
Talk to your chosen clinician or doctor to see if you are a good candidate for QWO.
What happens during an appointment for QWO cellulite treatments in Culver City?
First, we have an initial consultation to see if you are a good candidate before discussing what happens during the treatment.
- You may need two to three treatments, depending on what is best for you.
- Your second treatment may occur three weeks after the first one.
During your appointment for QWO cellulite treatment in Culver City, expect the following:
- The appointment should last a total of 30 to 45 minutes.
- The actual injections should last about 10 minutes.
- You will need to lie on your stomach.
- We will mark the dimpled areas to be treated by the injections.
- We can treat anywhere from six to 12 dimples during your first appointment.
- Your clinician will inject QWO into the areas below where the cellulite occurs on your buttocks.
- Rest for about five minutes
- You may need a follow-up appointment in three weeks.
- You can resume normal daily activities following your treatment.
Do not engage in strenuous exercises in your lower body for two to three days after the treatment.
What are the possible side effects of a QWO cellulite treatment?
You may experience bruising at the injection site, which typically disappears after a few days.
You could also experience temporary:
- Formation of nodules
- A warm sensation
More serious side effects are rare, but may include:
- An allergic reaction to the injection
What should I tell you ahead of my QWO cellulite treatment?
Tell us if you are:
- Taking aspirin or ibuprofen
- On prescription blood thinners
- Taking supplements of vitamin E, fish oil, or ginkgo
Your doctor may tell you to stop taking non-prescription medications and supplements for two weeks leading up to your appointment.
Who is NOT a good candidate for QWO cellulite treatments in Culver City?
You are not a good candidate if you are:
- Allergic to the active ingredients found in QWO
- Fighting off an infection in the treatable areas
- Experiencing an excessive bleeding condition
- Taking prescription blood thinners
What are the results of a QWO cellulite treatment in Culver City?
You may see complete results in as little as 90 days.
Patients typically start to see initial results within 28 days after the final treatment. A full treatment course may last anywhere from 70 to 90 days.
Every person’s situation is unique, so the results may be different for each person. For right now, we have the clinical trial results to guide us as to the results. But they do look promising.
How long do the effects of QWO cellulite treatment last?
Previous cellulite treatments last as long as three years.
Because QWO is so new, medical science has not been able to gauge how long the effects last. Clinical trials show that the results last for at least a year, and may extend two years, following the full course of treatment.
Where can I get QWO cellulite treatments in Culver City?
Contact True Jewel Cosmetic Center, and we’ll discuss your options.
Once we decide you are a good candidate, we will also discuss pricing and costs.
Reducing cellulite just got a lot easier.
Before and After