Culver City Botox Treatment
Wrinkles are an unavoidable and natural part of the aging process. Unfortunately, wrinkles can often affect our confidence and self-esteem. After all, we all want to look as young as we feel.
Consider getting a botox treatment if you’re in or around Culver City and looking to rejuvenate your face and smooth out your wrinkles. Read on to learn all about botox, how it works, and what to expect.
What Exactly Is Botox?
Most people have already heard of botox at one point or another. Botox is all about relaxing your facial muscles to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Botulinum Type A’s chemical component of botox is a neurotoxin that blocks the nerve signals in your face, meaning that the muscles can’t contract and form wrinkles. As a result of this neuromodulation, your face looks smoother and younger for months.
Where Is Botox Applied?
Botox is most often used to target the primary wrinkles in the face. These include:
- Crow’s feet – around the outer corners of your eyes
- Laugh lines – around the outer corners of your mouth
- Frown lines – between your eyebrows; also called glabellar lines or the ‘elevens.’
- Forehead wrinkles – across the forehead when you raise your eyebrows
Depending on how severe your wrinkles are, your dermatologist may use a combination of injectable brands, which are Botox and Dysport. The Botox brand of injectable neurotoxin works great for severe or deep wrinkles, while Dysport is ideal for mild or fine wrinkles.
Both of these treatments work in the same way, but Botox is 3 three times more potent than Dysport. Ideally, Botox is more concentrated, and it works best for fine wrinkles in small areas of the face, such as crow’s feet and laugh lines. Dysport works well for forehead wrinkles since it’s less concentrated and spreads faster across larger facial surfaces.
Do I Qualify for a Botox Treatment?
At our Culver City clinic, we recommend botox for everyone between 35 and 65 years old, in good overall health. Try botox if you’ve used other skincare options to treat wrinkles without much success.
Note: Avoid botox if you’re:
- Allergic to proteins
- Diagnosed with other skin allergies or conditions
Always discuss your current health condition with your Culver City dermatologist to make sure that you qualify for a botox treatment plan.
How Long Does Botox Last?
The botox treatment itself takes about 30 minutes at our Culver City clinic, but the effects of the botox last for several months. You should see a clear difference in the appearance of your wrinkles within less than a week after your appointment.
If you have strong facial muscles, botox generally lasts about 3 to 4 months before your wrinkles begin to appear once again. If you have weaker facial muscles or more supple skin, botox can last up to 6 months.
What Is the Botox Procedure?
For the best results, here are our recommendations before you come in for your Culver City botox appointment:
- Avoid taking alcohol for 24 to 48 hours before your treatment
- Avoid blood thinners for at least one week before your treatment. These include aspirin and other NSAIDs, vitamin K and fish oil supplements.
- Avoid caffeine before your botox treatment, and instead, eat healthy snacks to boost your metabolism
- Arrive for your botox appointment with a freshly cleaned face, free of make-up
Our Culver City dermatologists will then conduct a facial examination, mark the wrinkled areas on your face, and apply a topical anesthetic. Botox is a non-invasive, painless procedure. There’s no need to massage your face afterward since the neurotoxin will spread naturally in your skin.
We also offer a few more recommendations to manage your skin after botox:
- Avoid direct sunshine or heat for at least 24 hours after your botox treatment
- Apply a mild moisturizer to refresh your skin, but don’t massage the injection sites
- Cover them up with make-up if any bruises appear on your face after treatment. They will fade away naturally in a few days.
- Immediately after your botox treatment, avoid any strenuous activities, and don’t lie down for a few hours. This ensures that the neurotoxin will work as intended.
- Observe your skin for a few days to watch your wrinkles gradually disappear
Book Your Culver City Botox Session Today
Are you ready to get rid of wrinkles and wipe the years from your look? Our Culver City botox clinic is ready to give you a safe, comfortable, and highly professional botox session. Call our office or schedule your botox treatment online today.