What Is Xeomin?
Xeomin (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a neurotoxin used to treat mild to extreme facial lines, as well as patients with blepharospasm and cervical dystonia. Xeomin is approved by the FDA and is made without any additives so that you are less likely to form antibodies. This means that Xeomin works best for those seeking longer-lasting treatments.
Xeomin blocks nerve signals, stopping contractions in your muscle fibers and therefore leading to a smoother face with less intense lines. Results will be apparent in just three to four days following treatment and can last up to three months or more contingent on each specific person.
What Are the Advantages of Xeomin?
Xeomin treats both lines and wrinkles, either mild or drastic, and stops the formation of new ones. Treatment with Xeomin does not need anesthesia however it can be used if irritation occurs.
Xeomin achieves remarkable results when used to treat crow’s feet, lines on the forehead, and glabellar lines (frown lines in the middle of your eyebrows).
Unlike other neurotoxins and procedures, Xeomin can be administered year-round due to the low risk of your body forming antibodies.
This procedure usually only lasts ten to twenty minutes long with results improving over the next thirty days. Xeomin is required monthly to achieve the highest potential of fading wrinkles and lines.
Xeomin is the best non-invasive treatment that will leave your face feeling healthier appearing more refreshed.
In FDA-approved trials, Xeomin performed effectively. There is no refrigeration needed for Xeomin which means there are minimal human mistakes possible.
Before Your Next Xeomin Treatment:
- Xeomin has been known to provide results that last up to three months. Results may vanish quicker however if you have stronger facial muscles, have yet to be treated for the first time or if a long time has passed since your last treatment.
- If you have weak or smaller face muscles or undergo injections of Xeomin more regularly then you may be able to go up to four to five months (or more) between injections.
- Schedule your next treatment with us three months in advance for the best possible results.
- Xeomin is not used in pregnant or breastfeeding patients. It is your responsibility to inform our staff of your health status and to cancel or reschedule your appointment as needed
- Your current health condition is your responsibility to tell us as you may need to reschedule your treatment if required. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant do not use Xeomin®.
- Please consider choosing an alternative date for your treatment if you have work or social obligations immediately after your procedure.
- Cease taking any and all medications or supplements (including fish oil and NSAIDs) that cause bruising, swelling, or intensify bleeding at the area of injection.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours leading up to your procedure to avoid blood thinning.
- To reduce the risk of becoming lightheaded during your appointment, please snack on something healthy and refrain from consuming caffeine.
- Please wash your face before treatment and do not wear makeup.
After Your Treatment:
- Following your injection, temporary nodules may appear. These are small and usually disappear within several minutes.
- It is not uncommon to feel itchy or dry after your treatment from the alcohol used to clean the area of injection. Consider using moisturizers or Vaseline to alleviate any discomfort.
- Avoid high and direct heat for 24 hours following treatment.
- A moderate headache after your treatment is not uncommon and should cease within 36 hours. This is caused by a needle piercing your skin and not from anything inside of Xeomin. Avoid blood-thinning medications like aspirin to avoid complications however other over-the-counter medicines can alleviate pain
- Small bruises may appear but will vanish within several days and can be hidden with makeup if needed.