How Does Platelet Rich Plasma Help with Hair Regeneration?
Many people struggle with hair loss and hair thinning. It may be due to genetics, medication use, or numerous other potential reasons. Many don’t know that treatment options exist that may be able to help you to see a regrowth of your natural hair in some of those situations. One of the most effective tools for this is platelet rich plasma, PRP, a non-surgical solution that encourages hair follicles to regrow hair even after they have stopped. For many people, this treatment is highly effective at rejuvenating hair follicles, enabling them to grow thick, healthy hair again. Could PRP hair treatment work for you?
What Is Platelet Rich Plasma Hair Treatment?
PRP therapy is an effective treatment that’s used in a variety of applications, not just for hair growth treatment. It can help to encourage the natural healing of wounds and tissues as well. In this method, the patient’s blood is used – you are not using anyone else’s blood – but it is optimized to allow for it to be more effective at restoring the function of the hair follicles.
The process revolves around platelets, which are a component of blood plasma. Platelets are made up of numerous smaller components, including glycogen, lysosomes, and alpha granules. These components help to encourage the healing of tissues. When used for hair treatment, they can also work to reawaken and encourage hair to start growing again.
Platelets help to form new cells and work to speed up regeneration rates. For those who have inactive hair follicles for many reasons, PRP can help to boost cell growth.
How Does the Treatment Work?
In the PRP hair treatment process, the following steps typically occur:
- First, doctors need to extract the plasma. This is done like a normal blood draw. The blood is placed into a sterile centrifuge. This device spins and uses motion and gravity to help separate the various elements of the blood. It separates blood cells needed from the rest of the blood. The goal is to separate the plasma from the other components.
- After separating it, doctors will then inject the plasma into the areas of the scalp impacted by inactive hair follicles. This is done in a very targeted fashion to ensure the best results.
- Over time, the plasma goes to work to heal the follicles and encourage them to regrow hair. This happens because of the high amount of plasma being placed into this area. It works to encourage cell growth and overall healing processes.
You may consider more than one treatment to get comprehensive results. Yet, many people do see results from this procedure.
Who Should Consider PRP Hair Treatment?
Some people may be a better candidate for this procedure than others. Most importantly, it is important to understand what’s happening with your hair loss.
Most of the time, you will see improvement from this treatment if you have androgenetic alopecia-related hair loss. It typically does not benefit those who have hair loss that stems from stress, medication, or illness.
It is most effective in those who have just started to notice hair thinning. If you have always had thin hair, this may not work for you. Rather, it is best for those who have hair follicles that are dormant and that this has begun recently. If your hair follicles have been dormant for more than five years, this therapy may be less effective for you.
What Are the Benefits of PRP Hair Treatment?
For those who are looking for a way to improve the way their hair loss and want a fuller head of hair, PRP therapy can be a good option. It is important to note that it is normal to lose as many as 100 hair follicles each day. That’s not excessive. However, if you have noticed a significantly higher amount of hair loss recently, it may be a good idea to consider holistic treatment options like PRP hair treatment.
Consider some of the benefits of this type of treatment compared to others:
- The results last. Most people will need a series of treatments to see significant results. During this time, the hair follicles will grow and continue to produce hair for four to six months. You may need to have maintenance sessions over time. You may notice over time that the results are lasting longer, often reducing the frequency of treatments.
- It’s natural. This therapy does not introduce any type of chemicals or toxins to your body. You are using your body’s naturally produced plasma, not anyone else’s blood products. This is important because it helps to trigger a biological healing response within your body.
- No downtime. You do not typically need any type of downtime from this procedure. Unlike complicated surgeries, this is non-invasive, and you can get back to life right away.
- Side effects are limited. Most people do not have any negative side effects. Your practitioner will go over any side effects you do have. Some people have minor bruising or irritation at the injection site.
Through the use of this procedure, you may notice that your hair is regrowing. Be sure to stick with the ongoing treatments to ensure that it keeps growing. Over time, you may see that you no longer have hair loss or hair shedding. That’ means your treatment is working.
Not everyone sees the same results. If you are unsure that PRP hair treatment will help you, discuss your needs and your case with a treatment specialist. That makes it far easier for you to learn how well this can work for your needs.
How to Set Up Your Treatment
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss and hair thinning can prove to be very effective. At True Jewel Cosmetic Center, our team is readily available to help you. As a non-invasive procedure, there are very few risks, if any, to worry about, but there is a lot of potential for you to see your hair come back thick and beautiful. To learn more, call us to set up a consultation so you can come in for treatment in no time.