Spider Vein Removal in Marina Del Rey
You’re tired of looking at those unsightly blue and purple splotches on your legs.
We call those spider veins, and they usually occur in your legs and around the back of your knees.
You don’t have to live with spider veins anymore.
Read on to see more about our spider vein removal services in Marina Del Rey.
What causes spider veins?
Weak or damaged valves (which open and close) in your blood vessels in the legs cause spider veins.
Our staff can determine if our spider vein removal services in Marina Del Rey can help you with this issue.
What exactly are spider veins?
They are blue, red, or purple splotches on your legs that seem to follow a spiderweb-like pattern on your calves, behind your knees, or on your thighs.
Spider veins are merely cosmetic and do not cause discomfort.
Are there treatments for spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey?
Yes, called sclerotherapy.
How does sclerotherapy work?
Sclerotherapy is a treatment that involves injecting a drug called Asclera directly into the spider veins or varicose veins, immediately collapsing the vein and removing the look of the vein on the surface of the skin.
This works by irritating the lining of each vein. This causes it to swell, which shuts off the flow of blood in the vein.
Your body naturally re-routes the blood from the collapsed veins and moves it through good veins. Then your body repurposes the collapsed veins by reabsorbing them into your body. The scars from the spider veins eventually go away, usually after a month.
Sclerotherapy can also relieve pain in select patients who experience pain due to the spider veins.
Our clinicians understand how spider veins and varicose veins work, and we’ll take care of you in Marina Del Rey!
Am I a good candidate for spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey?
An ideal candidate for this treatment is:
- 18 to 60 years old
- In good general health
- Someone who has spider veins or varicose veins in their legs
Who should NOT receive spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey?
You should avoid sclerotherapy if you:
- Have had blood clotting issues in the past
- Are pregnant
- Gave birth in the past three months
- Have a thromboembolic disease
- Experience vein or blood clotting currently
- Are allergic to polidocanol
What happens during my appointment for spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey?
First, you undergo a consultation by our clinical staff to see if you’re a good candidate for this treatment.
Expect your appointment for spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey to last about an hour to 90 minutes.
Expect several steps on the day of your treatment.
- Lie on your back with your legs slightly elevated.
- Your clinician cleans the area to be treated with a sterilizing alcohol solution.
- Your doctor will use a small needle to slowly insert a solution, called Ascerla (polidocanol) into the correct vein.
- The results are almost immediate. The collapsed veins disappear into your leg.
- We may apply compression or massage the area to help the injection work more efficiently. We might also use a compression pad on the injection site while we move on to the next vein.
What are the side effects of spider vein removal treatments?
You could experience minor stinging or cramps while the needle is under the surface of your skin. You might have mild irritation in the area as the solution works.
The number of injections you receive depends on how many veins we treat and how large they are.
What do I do after my spider vein removal therapy in Marina Del Rey?
- Maintain compression on the needle injection sites for two to three days.
- Walk for 15 to 20 minutes immediately following your procedure, then every day for one week.
Over the next two to three days please avoid:
- Vitamins, drugs, and herbal supplements
- Hot baths, saunas, or hot tubs
- Remaining seated in one position for several hours (do not fly)
- Sun exposure for over an hour
- Physical exertion causing you to sweat
What are the results like after my spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey?
You will see immediate results with the spider veins going into your body.
Over the next month, you may see some scar tissue from the veins that collapsed. However, that will gradually fade over time and your legs should look normal again.
Where can I get spider vein removal in Marina Del Rey?
Contact True Jewel Cosmetic Center for more information. Feel free to call (424) 434-6999.
Book An Appointment
Do you live in or near Culver City, Venice, Playa Vista, or Marina Del Ray and are you ready to book your future appointment for a spider vein removal treatment? Click below! Free consultations.