Botox Treatment in Playa Vista, CA
You’ve probably heard of Botox and how it reduces wrinkles on your face.
This powerhouse aesthetic treatment may provide fantastic results much of a fuss.
Discover more information about Botox treatments in Playa Vista, CA, and how they can provide you with the look and results you want.
What exactly is Botox?
Botox is a neurotoxin. Doctors inject small amounts into your face to produce aesthetic effects. It also has therapeutic uses.
How do Botox treatments in Playa Vista, CA, work?
Your doctor injects Botox into your face. It blocks nerves from receiving certain chemical signals from your brain. Your muscles relax because the nerve signals telling them to contract do not work temporarily.
Your doctor may recommend Botox treatments in Playa Vista, CA, to relax facial muscles in specific areas. This can reduce wrinkles in your forehead and around your eyes.
What areas does Botox treat?
Botox is an amazing treatment that quickly diminishes fine lines and wrinkles on your face, particularly:
- Crow’s feet on the outer portion of the eyes
- Forehead areas
- Between the eyes
- Smoker’s lines
- Corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines
- Forehead frown lines
- Sagging brows
- Neck bands
What medical conditions can Botox treat as a prescription?
Botox can treat various medical conditions, such as:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Pain caused by grinding teeth
- TMJ (jaw) pain
- Uncontrollable blinking
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Neck spasms, also called cervical dystonia, a painful condition that causes someone’s neck to twist and turn involuntarily
- Lazy eye
- Overactive bladder
- Muscle contractures, like those caused by cerebral palsy
Your doctor must prescribe Botox to treat these serious medical conditions.
Who is an ideal candidate for Botox treatments in Playa Vista, CA?
You’re an ideal candidate for this aesthetic treatment if you are:
- Between the ages of 35 and 65
- In good health
- Haven’t gotten results from other types of anti-wrinkle treatments
Who should avoid Botox treatments in Playa Vista, CA?
Do not have a Botox treatment if you are:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Allergic to proteins like nuts
- Allergic to Botox-type medications
- Diagnosed with skin conditions or allergies
- Dealing with bleeding problems
- Have an infection near the injection site
Your doctor will discuss any issues that may arise if you have these medical conditions.
What are the side effects of a Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
You could experience one or more minor and temporary side effects of your Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA:
- Pain, swelling, and/or bruising at the injection site
- Flu-like symptoms
- Droopy eyelid
- Crooked smile
- Cockeyed eyebrows
- Excessive tearing
- Eye dryness
How long does an appointment last for Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
About 30 minutes.
What happens during a Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
We first schedule an appointment to find out if you are a good candidate for a Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA.
If you get the a-okay, then expect your next appointment to follow these steps:
- Your doctor will conduct a facial examination to make sure everything looks right.
- We will pinpoint where the injection spots are on your face.
- We apply numbing cream to the injection sites to reduce or eliminate any pain.
- Your doctor will use a small needle to prick just beneath the skin.
- We will repeat the needle pricks up to five times.
How should I prepare for my Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
Take the following steps to prior to prepare for your Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA:
- Do not consume alcohol or caffeine for 24 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid over-the-counter blood thinners and supplements for at least one week before your treatment. Think aspirin, NSAIDs, vitamin K, and fish oil.
- Eat a healthy snack.
- Clean your face and leave it free of makeup immediately before your appointment.
What should I do after my Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
- Stay out of direct sunshine and excessive heat, like saunas, hot tubs, and hot baths, for 24 hours.
- Moisturize your skin with cream.
- Do not massage the injection sites.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activity immediately afterward.
- Cover up any bruises with makeup. They will fade in a few days.
- Don’t lie down for a few hours.
- Watch your wrinkles disappear after a few days!
How soon do I see results from a Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
In as little as two to three days.
How long do the effects of my Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA last?
Three to four months.
Where can I get a Botox treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
Call or contact True Jewel Cosmetic Center to make an initial appointment.
Book An Appointment
Do you live in or near Culver City, Venice, Playa Vista, or Marina Del Ray and are you ready to book your future appointment for Botox injection treatment? Click below! Free consultations.