PRP Hair Restoration Treatment in Playa Vista, CA
Tired of looking at your bald spot?
Don’t want another clump of hair to come out in your brush or hands?
You hate the idea of a toupee or wig. Hair implants are way too expensive. Extensions are too much of a hassle.
Have you thought about a hair rejuvenating therapy catered to your own body?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration treatments may be a solution for you.
Why am I going bald?
Baldness and hair loss may come from:
- Genetics and heredity. Sorry, we can’t change our genes. But we can help nature out. This is the most common reason for baldness.
- Hormonal changes, sometimes due to stress or pregnancy.
- Scalp infections.
- Certain medications, like those used to treat cancer, arthritis, depression, heart disease, gout, or high blood pressure.
- Alopecia, a medical condition.
- Radiation therapy for cancer.
Think about platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration if you are going bald or have hair loss.
What is platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration?
Your blood naturally contains copious amounts of platelets and plasma. A lack of blood on your scalp, due to any number of conditions, can cause baldness.
PRP hair restoration occurs when we collect a sample of your own blood. Don’t worry, this process is totally safe and painless.
We run the sample through a centrifuge to separate out platelets and plasma.
Then we inject this blood directly into your scalp.
The platelets and plasma help rejuvenate hair follicles and stimulate hair growth, either by growing new hair or thickening the hair you already have.
Why use platelet-rich plasma to help grow hair on someone’s head?
PRP contains growth and regenerative properties. It’s an effective way to have a non-surgical alternative to hair restoration.
PRP hair restoration relies on the platelet growth factors in your blood. PGFs help your body repair damage naturally because they increase and regulate cell growth and division. We get these platelets to grow more follicle cells and then more hair on your head.
Platelet growth factors help wound healing and repair.
Wound healing, ironically, can help generate new follicle cells and stimulate hair growth through this three-step process:
- Inflammation, which tries to prevent blood loss and fight an infection.
- Proliferation, whereby your body’s natural defenses produce new collagen and more blood vessels to repair soft tissue quickly.
- Remodeling, which happens when platelets regrow skin and follicles lost before the wound occurred.
The main concept behind PRP hair restoration occurs when we try to stimulate regrowth after a wound.
Who are good candidates for platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
Anyone in good health, over the age of 18, and not taking blood thinners.
If you have the following conditions, consider this treatment:
- Genetic hair loss
- Thinning hair
- Weak quality of hair
What are the side effects of PRP hair restoration treatments in Playa Vista, CA?
There is just one side effect of this treatment: mild swelling at the injection point.
There are no other side effects because the treatment doesn’t rely on medications. All it does is use your body’s natural substances and an immune response to stimulate hair growth.
What should I do before my PRP hair restoration treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
You can just go about your normal day.
Try to eat a healthy meal two to three hours before your PRP hair treatment appointment. Make sure to drink plenty of water.
What happens during my PRP hair restoration treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
Your PRP hair restoration treatment is fairly simple.
- Our clinician takes a blood sample. We promise it won’t hurt very much.
- We run the blood sample through a centrifuge. This separates your blood into various parts by spinning it rapidly. It allows us to harvest platelet-rich plasma.
- Our clinicians wash the area on your head that will receive the injections.
- We numb the injection site to make sure you feel no pain from the pinpricks.
- We make several injections into the bald patch using a small needle..
Your appointment may take around 45 minutes at most.
What should I do after my PRP hair restoration appointment?
Go about your normal day as you always do.
You may see minor swelling where the injections occurred.
How long do the results of PHP hair restoration last?
Around two years under normal circumstances.
Boost your treatment by using gentle shampoos, eating right, and taking it easy on your hair.
Where can I get a platelet-rich plasm (PRP) hair restoration treatment in Playa Vista, CA?
Call or contact True Jewel Cosmetic Center for more information.
We can talk to you about your desire for thicker or increased hair. We’ll also discuss your options for this treatment.