Botox Treatment in Santa Monica, CA
Most people have heard about Botox and its ability to reduce wrinkles on your face.
This tried-and-true aesthetic treatment can give you fantastic results without a lot of fuss.
Read on to learn more about Botox treatments in Santa Monica and how they can give you the look you want.
What is Botox?
Botox is a neurotoxin that doctors inject into your face in small amounts to give you aesthetic effects. It also has therapeutic uses in medical science.
How does Botox work?
Your doctor injects Botox to block nerves from receiving certain chemical signals. The result is that muscles relax because the nerve signals telling them to contract temporarily do not work.
Most commonly, your doctor may recommend a Botox treatment in Santa Monica to relax the facial muscles in specific areas to reduce wrinkles in your forehead and around your eyes.
What areas does Botox treat cosmetically?
Botox is an amazing treatment to quickly treat and diminish fine lines and wrinkles on your face, specifically the following areas:
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles) on the outside portion of the eyes
- The elevens (between the eyes)
- Marionette lines
- Corners of the mouth
- Forehead frown lines
- Sagging brows
- Smoker’s lines
- Neck bands
Botox does much more than just treat wrinkles around someone’s face.
What medical conditions can Botox treat as a prescription medication?
Botox can make muscles relax in order to treat various medical conditions, such as:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- TMJ (jaw) pain
- Pain caused by grinding teeth
- Hyperhidrosis (over-sweating) by interrupting the nerve signals going to sweat glands
- Neck spasms, also called cervical dystonia, a painful condition that causes someone’s neck to twist and turn involuntarily
- Uncontrollable blinking
- Lazy eye
- Muscle contractures, such as those caused by cerebral palsy
- Overactive bladder
Your doctor must prescribe Botox to treat any of these serious medical conditions.
Who is an ideal candidate for Botox treatments in Santa Monica?
The ideal candidate for this aesthetic treatment is anyone:
- Between the ages of 35 and 65
- In good health, and
- Hasn’t gotten results from other anti-wrinkle treatments
Who should avoid Botox treatments in Santa Monica?
Do not have a Botox treatment if you are:
- Allergic to proteins (like nuts)
- Allergic to Botox-type medications using neurotoxins
- Diagnosed with skin allergies or conditions
- Dealing with bleeding problems
- Infections near the potential injection sites on your face
Your doctor will discuss any problems that may arise if you have any of these medical conditions.
What are the possible side effects of a Botox treatment?
You may experience one or more of the following minor side effects of your Botox treatment:
- Pain at the injection site
- Swelling where the needle injected the Botox
- Bruising at the injection site
- Flu-like symptoms
- Droopy eyelid
- Cockeyed eyebrows
- Crooked smile
- Eye dryness
- Excessive tearing
How long does an appointment last for Botox treatment in Santa Monica?
A typical Botox treatment would take around 30 minutes here at our office.
What happens during a typical appointment for Botox treatment in Santa Monica?
First, we schedule an appointment to find out if you are a good candidate for a Botox treatment in Santa Monica.
If you get a green light, then expect your next appointment to go like this:
- Your doctor will conduct a facial examination to make sure everything looks right.
- We will pinpoint precisely where the injection spots are on your face.
- Then we apply a numbing cream to the injection spots to make sure the injections are not painful.
- Use a small needle to prick just underneath the skin.
- Repeat the needle pricks up to five times.
How should I prepare for my Botox treatment in Santa Monica?
Take the following steps to get ready for your Botox treatment in Santa Monica:
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours before your treatment
- Avoid over-the-counter blood thinners and supplements that may thin your blood for at least one week before your treatment, including aspirin, NSAIDs, vitamin K and fish oil.
- Do not consume caffeine before your Botox treatment
- Eat a healthy snack
- Arrive for your appointment with a freshly cleaned face free of make-up
Taking these steps will make your Botox appointment go more smoothly.
What should I do after my Botox treatment in Santa Monica?
- Stay out of direct sunshine or excessive heat (like saunas, hot baths, or bathtubs) for at least 24 hours.
- Moisturize your skin with cream to refresh your skin.
- Do not massage the injection sites
- Cover up any bruises at the injection sites with makeup. They will fade in a few days.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activities immediately afterward.
- Don’t lie down for a few hours to ensure the neurotoxin works properly.
- Watch your skin’s wrinkles disappear after a few days!
How soon do I see results from my Botox treatment in Santa Monica?
You can see the results of your Botox treatment in as little as two to three days. Most patients see the full results after 2 weeks from their initial injection.
How long do the effects of my Botox treatment in Santa Monica last?
The results of Botox can last anywhere between three to four months. Everyone is different when it comes to the length of their botox results.
Where can I get a Botox treatment in Santa Monica?
Call or contact True Jewel Cosmetic Center to make an initial appointment for a consultation. Here at True Jewel Cosmetic Center, we offer free consultations for all patients who are interested in any of the treatments or services that we provide. Call us at (424) 434-6999 for any questions or if you need help booking your appointment.
Book An Appointment
Do you live in or near Culver City, Venice, Playa Vista, or Marina Del Ray and are you ready to book your future appointment for a Botox treatment? Click below! Free consultations.