Kybella Treatment In Santa Monica
Looking for a non-surgical alternative to treating your double chin? Surgeries can be rough, dangerous, and have a long healing period. Not everyone is able to afford surgery or the time it takes to recover…
We’ve got a solution for you that isn’t invasive and can help you get rid of your double chin in just a few treatments. Kybella.
What is Kybella?
Kybella, a brand name for this treatment, is a synthetic version of a natural substance found in the human body used to break down fat cells.
As with anything in this area, Kybella injections are FDA-approved.
How does Kybella work?
The mechanism behind bile comes from deoxycholic acid, found naturally in bile that comes from your gall bladder, a substance that helps your body destroy fat cells.
After your fat cells are destroyed naturally, your body’s immune system disposed of them internally and you never have to worry about them again.
What are the advantages of a Kybella treatment in Santa Monica?
The main advantage of Kybella is that it gets rid of your double chin without surgery. It’s entirely injectable, works in as little as one treatment, and you don’t need to do the treatment again because once the fat cells are destroyed they never come back.
Kybella also works on other parts of the body aside from your chin.
What parts of the body can see fat reduction due to Kybella?
Although initially approved for double chins, Kybella is safe to use on other parts of your body where fat deposits tend to accumulate.
These areas include:
- Inner knees
- Lower buttocks
- Lower belly
- Back (bra bulges)
Clinicians can work with any of these areas for fat cell reduction using Kybella.
Who are ideal candidates for Kybella treatments in Santa Monica?
People who seek a non-invasive treatment to reduce fat in certain areas should be:
- 18 or older
- In good health
- Not taking any blood-thinning medication
- Not pregnant
Our clinicians will help determine if you are a good candidate for Kybella in Santa Monica.
What are some signs that Kybella treatments in Santa Monica are right for me?
Pay attention to these four steps to see if a Kybella treatment may be good for you.
- Your double chin doesn’t go away no matter how much you exercise. Whether it’s because your skin stretched too much or your genetics just aren’t cooperating, your double chin never shrinks away even though the rest of you is perfect.
- After you notice the double chin for the first time, you decide you want to look into non-surgical ways to get rid of it.
- Your skin looks great. You just want that double chin to go away forever.
- You are in good health, including being a stable weight for your body type.
If you made it through all four of these steps, consider a Kybella treatment. It also works on other parts of your body that might be harboring more fat than you want.
What should I do before my Kybella treatment in Santa Monica?
- Have a consultation with our staff. We will help you determine if Kybella is good for you.
- Do not take medications or herbal supplements designed to thin your blood for a few weeks before. This reduces your chances of bruising at the injection site.
- Time it correctly. Results typically take a couple of weeks, so if you want your new look before a special occasion, you need to plan it out properly.
- Arrive at our office clean. If you normally wear makeup, don’t put any on if you are having an injection for your chin.
What happens during my Kybella appointment in Santa Monica?
Kybella treatments are very simple, and our staff will be here every step of the way.
- We will clean your treatment area thoroughly first.
- Then we apply a numbing cream so the injections won’t hurt and you stay comfortable.
- We make a series of injections using small needles targeting the unwanted fat under your chin.
- Return to your normal day.
These appointments may take around 30 minutes. You can schedule an appointment on your lunch break and go right back to work afterward.
How do I take care of my face after my Kybella treatment in Santa Monica?
Afterward, try to avoid direct sunlight or put sunscreen on the treated area for 48 hours.
Sleep with your pillows upright, stacking two or three of them, and sleep on your back for the next few nights. This takes the pressure off of your chin.
Apply moisturizers and makeup as you normally do.
What are the side effects of my Kybella treatment?
Common and minor side effects of Kybella include:
- Swelling around the injection site.
- Slight bruising
- Minor bleeding
- Mild pain
- Hard skin around the injection area
All of these things happen around the injection site, whether you get this treatment on your chin or elsewhere.
Where can I get a Kybella treatment in Santa Monica?
Talk to True Jewel Cosmetic Center to make an appointment to discuss your options for Kybella.
Our staff will listen to your concerns and develop a treatment plan that works for you.
Book An Appointment
Do you live in or near Culver City, Venice, Playa Vista, or Marina Del Ray and are you ready to book your future appointment for a Kybella fat dissolving treatment? Click below! Free consultations.