PRP Hair Restoration in Santa Monica, CA
You woke up one morning and freaked out when you saw a clump of hair on your pillow.
Maybe your bald spot gradually grew over the past several years, and you want a more youthful appearance.
You hate the idea of a toupee, wig, or hair implants.
Have you considered a hair rejuvenating therapy catered to your own body?
That’s where platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration treatments come into play to help you look your best on top of your head.
Why am I going bald?
Baldness and hair loss on your head may come from:
- Genetics and heredity, the most common reasons for going bald. Sorry, we can’t change our genes. But we can help nature out.
- Hormonal changes, sometimes due to extremely stressful or emotional situations. Pregnancy can cause hair loss.
- Scalp infections from parasites.
- Certain medications used to treat cancer, arthritis, depression, heart disease, gout, and high blood pressure.
- Medical conditions such as alopecia.
- Radiation therapy.
- Aging, because hair loss happens more commonly as we grow older.
You might be a candidate for platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration if you are going bald or have hair loss.
What is platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration?
Platelets and plasma are both found naturally in our blood. Sometimes, a lack of blood on our scalp due to any number of conditions can cause baldness.
Maybe it’s time to not go baldly into that good night.
PRP happens when we collect platelets and plasma from your own blood. Don’t worry, this is totally safe and painless.
Then we inject this blood directly into your scalp to help rejuvenate hair follicles and stimulate their growth again.
This can help you grow new hair or thicken the hair you already have.
Why use platelet-rich plasma to help grow hair on someone’s head?
PRP contains a variety of growth and regenerative properties which makes this treatment effective as a non-surgical alternative to hair restoration.
Specifically, PRP banks on the platelet growth factors in your blood plasma. PGFs help your body repair damage by increasing and regulating cell growth and division. The idea here is to get these platelets to grow more follicle cells and then more hair.
Platelet growth factors help all three parts of wound healing and repair, which can help generate new follicle cells and stimulate hair growth:
- Inflammation, which focuses on preventing blood loss and fighting off infection.
- Proliferation, where your body produces new collagen and new blood vessels to speed along the repair of soft tissue.
- Remodeling, which happens when platelets help your body to regrow what was lost before the wound.
This is the main concept behind PRP, where we try to stimulate regrowth after a wound.
Who are good candidates for platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration treatment in Santa Monica?
Anyone in good health, over the age of 18, and not taking blood thinners who have:
- Thinning hair
- Genetic hair loss
- Weak quality of hair
What are the side effects of PRP hair restoration treatments?
The only side effect is mild swelling at the injection point because PRP doesn’t use any medicines. All it does is use your body’s natural substances to stimulate hair growth.
What should I do before my PRP hair restoration treatment in Santa Monica?
Go about your normal day.
Try to eat a healthy meal two to three hours before the PRP hair treatment, and drink plenty of water.
What happens during my PRP hair restoration treatment in Santa Monica?
We have a simple process here at our cosmetics office.
- Our staff takes a blood sample from you. We promise it won’t hurt very much.
- Then we run the blood sample through a centrifuge, which separates your blood into various parts, including platelet-rich plasma.
- Our clinicians wash the area that will receive the injections.
- When we numb the injection site to make sure you don’t feel any pain from the needle pricks.
- Using a small needle, we make several injections into the bald patch.
This may take about 30 to 45 minutes.
What should I do after my PRP hair restoration appointment?
Go about your normal day. You might have minor swelling where the injections occurred.
How long do the results of PHP hair restoration last?
Typically, around two years.
You can bolster this treatment by using gentle shampoos, eating right, and taking it easy on your hairstyle as well as getting maintenance treatments every once in a while.
Where can I get a platelet-rich plasm (PRP) hair restoration treatment in Santa Monica?
Call or contact True Jewel Cosmetic Center for more information.
We can talk to you about your desire for thicker or more hair, and discuss your options for this treatment.
Book An Appointment
Do you live in or near Culver City, Venice, Playa Vista, or Marina Del Ray and are you ready to book your future appointment for PRP Hair rejuvenation treatment? Click below! Free consultations.